- You have the right to remain silent or not speak. If you do not want to speak, say that out loud.
- You have the right to not give permission to a search of yourself, your car, or your home.
- You have the right to ask if you are free to leave. If you are not under arrest, you have the right to calmly leave.
- You have the right to a lawyer if you are arrested. Ask for one as soon as you are arrested.
- You have the right not to be racially profiled by the police, meaning that police cannot use your race or ethnicity as the reason to think you did something against the law.
- You have the right not to say anything about your immigration status.