We are looking for part-time Development Assistant to support and enhance our organization’s development efforts.
Under the direction and supervision of the Development Director, this newly-created position will provide data, technology, and administrative support to ensure that the development department is functioning at its highest capacity as the ACLU of Iowa works to preserve and advance civil rights and liberties in Iowa and across the country.
This non-exempt hourly position will be scheduled 15 to 20 hours per week to start, with flexible scheduling mostly during regular business hours. Very limited travel and occasional evening and weekend work may be required.
• Perform data and technology tasks to support fundraising and constituent outreach
• Serve as the primary manager of the organization’s donor database
• Gift processing, including gift entry and acknowledgement
• Maintain accurate records of all donations, online, in-kind and third party gifts, sponsorships, and foundation grants
• Reconcile gift entry monthly and serve as the primary contact during the annual National ACLU reconciliation process
• Support the development director and executive director in developing and generating financial activity, analytical, and management reports
• Provide reports, queries, and data upon request for all departments, primarily development
• Perform routine data entry updates and projects
• Review data entry projects performed by staff and volunteers
• Support implementation of donor solicitation strategies
• Regularly review donation commitments with development leadership to ensure fulfillment
• Conduct research on prospective donors and help identify potential prospects
• Assist with events to cultivate and engage ACLU supporters as needed
• Firm commitment to civil liberties and equality for all
• Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication and presentation skills
• Strong organizational skills, ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously and to meet deadlines
• Self-motivated and detail-oriented with a strong work ethic
• Dependability, flexibility, and ability to maintain confidentiality
• Excellent research skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office
• Experience with donor database software preferred
$17 an hour
Submit a letter of interest, resume, and three professional references (identifying their relationship to you and including their email address and phone number) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “Development Assistant” in the subject line of your email.
Applicants will be reviewed beginning September 17, 2018 and will be accepted until the position is filled. The job announcement will remain posted on our website, www.aclu-ia.org, until the position is filled. When the position is filled, the announcement will be removed from the website.
About The ACLU of Iowa
The ACLU of Iowa, the statewide affiliate of the national ACLU, is located in downtown Des Moines. It is a nonprofit, nonpartisan public interest organization that defends civil liberties and civil rights through litigation, legislative advocacy, and public education in areas including but not limited to voting rights, racial and criminal justice, immigrants’ rights, free speech, reproductive freedom, LGBT rights and privacy rights.
The ACLU of Iowa is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our goal is to be a diverse workforce at all job levels, and we are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We encourage immigrants, people of color, indigenous people, LGBTQ+ people, people with disabilities, women, formerly incarcerated people, and members of any other group that may experience adversity in hiring to apply. You are encouraged to self-identify in the application materials.